Hilo'S Hamakua Coast Seasonal Whale Watching, December - April
Every year, from December through the end of March, approximately 12,000 North Pacific Humpback whales arrive in the Hawaiian Islands for a season of mating, birthing and nurturing their newborn calves. This annual migration is one of the longest made by any mammal and is highly anticipated by both Islanders and visitors ...
- This tour takes place in the open ocean with variable weather conditions during the winter months. Be prepared for swells and rain. If you are prone to seasickness, please take precautions.
- Bring a hat, jacket, raingear, sunblock, sunglasses and a camera.
- All passengers will need to take a taxi to the starting point of the trip. For cruise ship passengers, it will be a 5-10 minute ride and will cost approximately $15 per taxi round trip. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
Julie has known Barry all her life and has traveled that long, as well. She started her career as an interior designer 30 years ago, but switched to travel several years back thinking it would be fun t ...
Days of Operation
Departure Times and Duration
- 01:30 PM (2 hours) Please check in 15 minutes prior to departure.
- 08:30 AM (2 hours) Please check in 15 minutes prior to departure.
- 11:00 AM (2 hours) Please check in 15 minutes prior to departure.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants.
- Maximum 6 people per sailing.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible or suitable for those with limited mobility.
- Guests must be in good physical health with no heart conditions or neck or back injuries.
- Maximum weight is 275 pounds.
- No lap infants allowed.
- All participants are required to sign a waiver.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.